City of Orlando: 2018 Green Works Community Action Plan
In 2018, the City of Orlando updated its 2013 Green Works sustainability plan to revise its original baseline assessments and introduce new strategies. They also celebrated a variety of milestones, including achievements which improved the lives of people in Orlando neighborhoods such as:
- Expanded more than 25 miles of sidewalks and built two new multi-use urban trails.
- Planted more than 20,000 trees on city right-of-way and private properties.
- Recycled 6,779 gallons of used cooking oil into biodesiel.
- Supported the growth of six farmers markets and more than 700 community garden plots across city neighborhoods.
- Distributed more than 6,500 backyard composters to city residents.
- Piloted urban garden programs on public land and homeowner yards.